Hear about the potential for continued retail consolidation and other significant trends from esteemed industry professionals in the webinar, “Open for Business: Predictions for 2015 Retail and Consumer M&A.”
Subject: The forecast for 2015 mergers and acquisitions deal-making in the retail and consumer sector, after 2014’s mixed bag of a drop in private equity investments in B2C companies coupled with a boost in deal volume of 57% over 2013.
Date: Feb. 25, 2015
Run time: 59 minutes
- Alex Chefetz, Managing Director, Investment Banking Group, BTIG
- Lois Herzeca, Partner and Co-Chair, Fashion, Retail and Consumer Products Practice Group, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Martin Okner, Managing Director, SHM Corporate Navigators
- Billy Busko, Managing Director of Consensus Advisors
- Rich Martin, Moderator, Senior Director, Merrill DataSite
- See how last year's M&A boom impacted deal flow in the consumer and retail space.
- Identify verticals within consumer and retail showing strength and weakness.
- Consider how increased consumer spending will impact M&A activity in this space.
- Understand how the middle market consumer and retail deal-making environment have changed over the last five years.
- Learn about the impact of activist investors in the retail sector, as well as the role of private equity in the consumer and retail M&A sector.
Become familiar with trends in deal size and structure, including tips on handling common disparity between buyers' and sellers' valuation expectations.