Please join us on September 28th for this complimentary webinar where our esteemed panel comprised of M&A and Industry professionals will explore how to create an M&A Masterpiece, viewed through the lens of opportunity in the Technology sector.
With the advent of cloud computing many providers of “legacy” technology face challenges as they work to adapt to a more agile subscription business model while remaining in the public domain. This is especially important today as companies with subscription models offer investors far richer valuation multiples.
Merrill’s recent examination of Tech sector M&A activity shows some very interesting patterns over the past 5 years. We observe a decrease in advisor-led middle market deals ($100M-$500M) but an increase in larger deals using advisors ($500M+). Couple this with the significant increase in PE fundraising activity and the picture begs for intriguing topics of discussion.
Key areas and questions our expert panel will cover:
- What drives tech M&A?
- Platform wars, funding sources, innovation challenges?
- Changes affecting the TMT investment banking sector?
- Can cash-richness of some tech companies cause a surge of Investment Banking in the sector?
- Are PE/VCs software companies or portfolio companies taking a lead in M&A projects in the sector?
- Have public offerings been replaced by private offerings and how will innovation be funded in the future?
- Will the reshaping of the industry lead to a major wave of spin-offs in the next 5 – 7 years in accordance with typical fund cycles?
Register for this webinar.