Lou Rohman, Vice President, XBRL Services, Merrill Corporation | November 01, 2016
The annual Financial Executives International’s (FEI) Current Financial Reporting Issues (CFRI) Conference is just around the corner — November 14-15, 2016 in New York City. CFRI is one of my favorite events of the year. It’s “the only conference created by preparers, for preparers,” and it’s a great opportunity to hear directly from leaders at the SEC, FASB and more. I always come away with interesting insights on best practices and a better understanding of where financial reporting is headed.
Merrill is again a sponsor and will host a booth in the Exhibit Hall. I’ll be there both days, and here are a few of the sessions I’m looking forward to:
- Keynote from Cathy Engelbert, CEO of Deloitte, on how the financial reporting world can deliver the data-driven insights and real-time reporting that businesses and investors want
- FASB update from senior staff on emerging issues, recently released standards and FASB’s standard-setting agenda for the future
- Panel on non-GAAP measures — the areas the SEC is commenting on most frequently and how companies can comply with the SEC’s recently issued guidance
- Update from the SEC Division of Corporation Finance and Division of Enforcement, including trends in comment letters and their current areas of focus
- Revenue Recognition Accounting Standard implementation guide
I’m also eager to hear presentations on how technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence are being used in new ways in the financial reporting space.
Visit the Merrill booth
I’ll be joining a diverse group of Merrill staff in our booth in the Exhibit Hall. The booth is a great place to get quick answers to tough questions on the latest regulatory matters, disclosure management issues, XBRL concerns and other financial reporting topics. Or just stop by to say hello.
I hope to see you there!
Click here for CFRI registration information.