The XBRL phase-in is now complete. Limited liability is ending and regulators and investors are starting to use the data. If you are like many companies, XBRL mapping, tagging and validating are adding hours of time and layers of complexity to your workflow and you still may not be confident that your filing is accurate. In fact, the SEC reports that many so-called “XBRL experts” are still making basic errors.
The SEC now expects all filers to have the tools and knowledge they need to complete fully compliant filings. Merrill Corporation arms you with both.
With more than 40 years of SEC compliance experience, and as one of the first companies to actively engage with the XBRL filing program, Merrill is uniquely qualified to help your company successfully manage XBRL compliance. We have helped hundreds of public companies navigate the XBRL process with the highest levels of quality and accuracy.
Collaboration is the key to success
Proper XBRL implementation requires, first and foremost, accounting expertise. The single most important key to success is having the right people in place to do this exacting work: CPAs who understand US GAAP and IFRS, and who are trained in XBRL technical accounting.
Our unique process pairs your team with a dedicated, U.S.-based accountant project manager who supports you throughout your project lifecycle. Merrill has the largest team of U.S.-based, CPA-level XBRL accountants in the industry.
This partnership offers extremely valuable insights into how your statements translate into XBRL and delivers the most usable, fully vetted and error-free data. We work diligently to transfer this knowledge to your team, so you will be more prepared to verify today’s filing and confidently move forward with future filings.
Tailor your XBRL engagement
With Merrill on your team, you can choose how much or how little of the XBRL process you manage internally.
- Fully outsource all your XBRL needs. Outsource an end-to-end solution that includes mapping, tagging, creating the instance document in XBRL software, validating to XBRL rules and guidelines, and compliant filing with the SEC. Benefits include direct, unlimited access to your Merrill CPA—including 24/7 during peak filing periods—detailed data mapping review sessions and ongoing quarterly planning meetings.
- Completely insource your XBRL process. Our fully integrated web-based platform, Merrill Bridge™, provides you the insource solution to manage your XBRL process from start to finish. Multi-user collaboration tools streamline the creation, review and editing of your XBRL files and give you control of your filing right up to the deadline. As questions arise, our industry-leading Merrill XBRL services team is just a phone call away.
- Customize your approach to XBRL. When you require select aspects of outside XBRL expertise or just occasional help, Merrill provides an exceptionally cost-effective, collaborative and flexible solution. Manage the XBRL activities you are comfortable with in-house using Merrill Bridge, and tap into our industry-leading CPA team for the rest.
Industry leadership for all your disclosure requirements
Merrill’s expertise extends well beyond XBRL consulting and filing. We assist our customers with a full range of disclosure needs.
- Merrill Bridge™
- EDGAR services
- Merrill DataSite®
- Document formatting services
- Document printing and distribution services
- SEDAR services
- Conferencing facilities
- Project management services